Locking Wall Mount Mailbox – Secure and Safety at Your Front Entry
Mail theft has been around for as long as the post office has been delivering mail. But lately, the crime has been increasing as identity theft continues to grow.
This is where a locking wall mount mailbox comes in handy. Locking wall mount mailboxes are available online from many retailers. When searching for a lockable wall mount mailbox, choose one that is made of heavy-duty galvanized steel and a durable, indestructible lock. The mail slot should be large enough to accommodate your daily mail delivery. An example of a wall mount locking mailbox is the Victorian locking wall mount mailbox. This mailbox boasts a decorative Victorian style wall mount box made of rust-resistant cast aluminum. The mailbox is available in seven different colors and offers a high-security front locking access door for keeping mail safe.
Mail carriers insert the mail in the front slot and homeowners retrieve the mail from the access door. Tax and the holiday season is when mail theft is at its highest. There are steps the homeowner can take to help reduce the risk of mail theft: –
- Retrieve your mail as soon after it is delivered. Don’t allow mail to stay in your mailbox for days.
- Take all your outgoing mail to the post office. Don’t place it in your mailbox for it to wait for the mail carrier.
- Make sure your mailbox is in good condition. Older mailboxes are not as durable as the newer models.
- Consider having your income checks direct deposited.
- Use thick security envelopes when sending out check payments.
- Shred all bank and credit card statements. Also, shred credit card applications that come to you through the mail.
- As mail theft increases so do the risk of becoming a victim. Protect yourself by purchasing a lockable mailbox.